When making a LinkedIn campaign, you can accidentally create an ad that you later choose to remove. If that’s the case, there are two options for delete a campaign in linkedin:
- Delete the Linkedin ad from your company’s website
- Delete the ad from the campaign administration settings’ “show in the feed” option.
Step To delete a campaign in linkedin from your company’s website
You can remove a LinkedIn ad from the administration section of your LinkedIn company website, which is linked to the advertising account of the ad which we want to delete.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the company page on LinkedIn
- Set the section where all of the posts are shown to only show “Direct Sponsored Content.”
- Locate the ad you wish to remove:. You could type any text you know is in the ad into your browser’s “find” function (“cmd + F” in Mac, “ctrl + F” in Windows), and the ad would pop up.
- When you click on the top right corner of the ad, you’ll see an option to “Delete update”
Delete the ad from the campaign administration settings’ “show in the feed” option.
Go to the ad management section of the LinkedIn Campaign Manager and find the ad you want to delete. Once you’ve found the desired ad click on the three dots you’ll see next to the ad. If your ad is in “draft” you will be able to delete it.
However, if your ad is active or has been in the past, you’ll notice that the “delete” option is disabled with this message “This ad cannot be deleted from the campaign because the campaign has been launched and the ad may be shown to members.”
You still can delete the ad with this simple procedure:
- Click on “Show in feed” option
- Click on the three dots you’ll see in the top right, and then click on the “Copy Link to Post” option
- Open a new tab in your browser and paste this address, now you will see the “Delete Post” option!
- Click on “Delete post” and then just confirm you want to delete it
Once you delete the ad you’ll see a confirmation message which states ” Post successfully deleted “. After your deletion, your ad will appear as “canceled status” in campaign manager.