Metaverse is a 3D virtual world that blends aspects of virtual reality, augmented reality and is predicted as the next phase of the internet. Now let us learn about what is a defining feature of metaverse.
What is Metaverse?
We can define metaverse as a virtual world that mimics aspects of the physical world and technologies such as augmented reality, virtual reality, social networks, and digital currency. Metaverse is the future iteration of the internet that allows people to communicate and socialize together in these 3D spaces. In Metaverse, people can build on a community where people can present themselves as avatars. Now let us learn what is a defining feature of metaverse.
What is a defining feature of Metaverse?
Metaverse is a 3D space where the people appear as avatars to communicate with each other and virtually build a community. Now let us look into what is a defining feature of metaverse. The major defining features of the metaverse world would be –
1. A virtual world: This is the most important feature of a metaverse, which makes us feel more present in the metaverse and probably less present in the real world by using computers, wearable technology, 3D graphics, etc.
2. Virtual reality. You would require a virtual reality headset for this. The idea here is that you become immersed in the virtual world so you feel even more present.
3. Other people: Metaverse is social as people communicate here as their digital avatars, helping the communication to be more natural.For example, your avatar could walk over and sit next to someone else’s avatar to start a communication.Facebook is definitely going to bank on this feature of the metaverse.
4. Persistence. This feature of metaverse allows us to visit the virtual world anytime we want to visit it . Metaverse will use user-generated content, personal stories, digital creations, etc, just like our social media does today.
5. Connection to the real world. The real and virtual world in metaverse can be called the digital twins where metaverse replicates the dimensionally precise real-world objects to the virtual world.
Benefits of Metaverse.
1. Expanded visibility to the healthcare professionals
Metaverse will help bring healthcare facilities closer to every patient. It will bridge the gap between geographical limitations and help the healthcare professionals have a clear insight into the health conditions of the people.
2. Making the game more real
We model games in this era on a decentralized economic model which helps the users and the publishers to sell their in-game assets or NFT tokens. Creating in-game avatars and making them play in the virtual space makes the gaming experience even more exciting for the users.
Examples of some of the most played metaverse games are –
3. Virtual traveling experience
Although everyone loves traveling, not everyone has the luxury or physical capabilities to travel to every place they wish to visit. Here, metaverse with the help of AR and VR can create a virtual world where people can have real-life experiences of the places they wish to travel.
4. Completely New Economy
Metaverse helps in the trade of assets across different spaces in the metaverse world. Here, for example, you can sell an NFT created on a particular game to another game or platform in the metaverse. Using metaverse blockchain use cases of NFT, Defi will help in creating a completely new economy in the metaverse.
5. Promoting a better work environment
Metaverse can help employers resolve the problems of productivity time of the employees by keeping track of them by creating avatars and interacting with them in the virtual space. This will also enable the employer to have a better understanding of his employee’s behavioral issues.
6. Sustainable use of resources
Attending workplaces, schools, social gatherings online in the virtual space will help in saving a lot of resources. Rich/poor or social classes won’t matter as every stratum of society will get the same quality of virtual experience.
The potential of Metaverse is immense and its impact on society and how humans interact with each other would be profound. Metaverse promises to be more immersive, interactive, and collaborative than the internet; however, the functioning of the metaverse will be based on how easy it is for the people to transact into it. With the speed at which different companies are adopting metaverse, it is only a matter of time before metaverse becomes the reality.